Riedel ‘EXTREME’ Value Pack (Pinot Noir/ Cabernet)
The Extreme glasses derive their name from their extreme contours. The bowls are reminiscent of polished diamonds that spread out wide and taper off at the top. This allows the wine plenty of room to breath, enhancing and emphasizing the pleasant softness and generally fruity notes if the New World Wines. Pay only for 3 and get the 4th one for free!
- The Pinot Noir glass is perfect for light-bodied red wines with high acidity and moderate tannin. This glass highlights the rich fruit-forward characters and tempers the high acidity of the wine. The tulip-shaped bowl captures all the nuances of the wine’s aroma.
Musigny, St. Laurent, Pinot Noir Old World, Romanée Saint Vivant, Champagne, Echézeaux, Chambolle Musigny, Gamay, Vougeot, Burgundy (red), Santenay, Blauburgunder, Nuits Saint Georges, Beaujolais Cru, Volnay, Moulin à vent, Pommard, Vosne-Romanée
- The Cabernet glass is perfect for full-bodied, complex red wines that are high in tannin. The generous size of this glass allows the bouquet to develop fully, and smooths out the rough edges. It emphasises the fruit, playing down the bitter qualities of the tannin, and allows wines to achieve balance.
Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Emilion, Listrac, Moulis, Margaux, St. Estèphe, Cabernet Franc, Fronsac, Merlot, Graves rouge, Pauillac, St. Julien, Pomerol, Pessac Leognan (Rouge)
Caring for your RIEDEL Crystal
- RIEDEL glasses are dishwasher safe. RIEDEL exclusively recommends MIELE
- To avoid stains: use soft water (low mineral content)
- To avoid scratches: Avoid glass contact with other glass or metal
- To remove stains: use white vinegar
- If available use a stemware rack
If washing by hand
- Wash the glass under warm water (use detergent and rinse the glass carefully)
- Glass polishing: Use two polishing cloths, never hold the glass by the base to polish the bowl
- Stem snap: Occurs through mishandling = torque or bend pressure at the stem
- Storage: Avoid glass storage in kitchen cabinets which have strong aromas that translates into glass
Microfiber Polishing Cloth
- Wash at boiling temperature (to kill bacteria) with odorless soap
- Should be machine washed at min. 170° F/75° C
- Never use fabric softener when rinsing your microfiber polishing cloth (avoids grease film on surface)