Free islandwide delivery above $80! Bulk discounts applied at checkout for purchases above 6 bottles!

Previous
Previous Product Image

Baia’s Wine Tsitska Dry White 2020

$62.00
Next

Bodega Garzon S.V Albariño 2018

$59.00
Next Product Image

Old Road Grand Mère Sémillon 2016

$90.00

Old Road Grand Mère Sémillon 2016

$90.00

Hurry! only 1 left in stock.
Purchase this product now and earn   90   Corks!

An elegant and graceful grandmother

>90 pts Quite dry Sémillon Heavy Wood Franschhoek Low Tannin Medium Acidity Medium Body White Apple/Pear

Description

Old Road Grand Mère Sémillon 2016

An elegant and graceful grandmother. Old Road Grand Mère Sémillon shows the same grace and tenacity exemplified by a family matriarch or grandmother.

Golden colour. The elegant bouquet exudes ripe pear, kumquat and zesty citrus aromas with a hint of sweet exotic spices. The dry and mineral-driven palate offers opulent layers of pear, candied lemon citrus and succulent tropical fruit. A textured mouthfeel, a mouth-watering acidity and a lingering mineral finish.

100% Sémillon. The grapes come from a single very special 80-year-old bushvine vineyard. These old vines were born in 1936. The vineyard has a high density of around 7,000 vines per hectare. This is more than double the amount of vines per hectare in comparison to the average vineyard in SA. The south-east facing vineyard has an altitude of 350 metres and very low-yielding vines.

Two batches of harvesting by hand to achieve a perfect balance in ripeness. The grapes are left on the skins to settle overnight. Following this, 70% of the juice is inoculated with a specially selected yeast strain and the remaining 30% goes through wild fermentation. After fermentation, the wine undergoes barrel maturation in mostly older French oak barrels. This adds depth and staying power without detracting from the natural fruit character. Maturation on the primary lees with regular stirring or batonnage ensures further complexity and verve.

 

Semillon lover? Check out Thorne & Daughters Tin Soldier Semillon 2019.

AWARDS & ACCOLADES

– 92 POINTS

14%

Additional information

Award Winner

>90 pts

Dryness

Quite dry

Grape Type

Sémillon

Maturation

Heavy Wood

Region

Franschhoek

Tannin

Low Tannin

Wine Acidity

Medium Acidity

Wine Body

Medium Body

Wine Type

White

Tree Fruit

Apple/Pear

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Old Road Grand Mère Sémillon 2016”

Please log in to view details about the item & leave a review.

Please log in to view details about the item & leave a review.

Related Products

You May Also Like ...

You may also like…

© 2019 Boundby Pte Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Shopping cart

0

No products in the cart.